Sunday, April 25, 2010

::Life::

This past weekend, I got an invitation from my friend Sebastion (who is Alejandras brother (see her photos a couple posts ago)) to participate in producing a film that he was directing. I said "Oh la la! Absolutely!!" Hahaha. He wanted to shoot the film and combine it with a camping trip in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. SO...I packed up my camera gear and some sleeping bags and headed up with Ale. We arrived before everyone to have a meeting with the staff of the state park we were shooting in, sign paperwork, set up camp, get firewood and so on. We rocked it, of course, and had plenty of time before the rest of the crew arrived to have a look around the town and the park.

Here is part one of WI adventure!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you for not killing yourself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mini photo shoot in the woods!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rock star if i've ever seen one! Then my weenie attempt at a jump, it's hard!! I'm always on the other side of the camera!

Photobucket

I believe the first and only time i've assembled a tent is when I was 4 and I had one of those little red play tents. Ale had a similar story, so put the us two rookies together and this is what we looked like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm quite proud to report that not only did we assemble three tents we even improvised when there were pieces missing or just plain broken!! I was so proud of us!!

Part 2 of WI adventure, the filming. I have a new appreciation for people who work in the film industry, I know I got a small taste, but I had no idea of all the work that goes into one movie. The hours of setting up and tearing down, lights, sound and so much more, all for a 7 second shot. Amazing. Everyone on the team worked well and efficiently together. Many laughs were had and some frustrations but it was a fabulous weekend. Many of the shots were at night, but here are just a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A lot of shooting was done at this darling little cabin in a clearing in the woods.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Off to the next site.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And action! Everything was shot digitally on the new 5D MarkII. Jesus help me. "Thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not covet," was my mantra for the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a blast! Thank you Sebastion for inviting me to be a part of your film, it was new and exciting and an adventure I won't soon forget! Can't wait to see the directors cut!

1 comment:

BethLaurren said...

WOMAN. These turned out great!! LOVE the night shots, and the one of the guy with the cigarette especially.

Fantastic!